The annual list of Boycotting Countries has been published by the Dept of Treasury in the Federal Register:
- Iraq (Embargo)
- Saudi Arabia
- Syria (Embargo)
- United Arab Emirates
Information may be found at the Office of Antiboycott Compliance
Being on this list does not mean all these countries are embargoed. It does mean these countries participate in the Arab Boycott of Israel, which is illegal. There is the possibility that other countries may require Boycott language in their order terms.
If you see any of the following language or similar language, you may have a potentially very expensive problem:
- “This shipment does not contain any goods of Israeli origin.”
- “You may not purchase goods destined to Saudi Arabia which include products from a country which refuses to participate in the Boycott of Israel.”
- “While you do contract work in Qatar, you may not employ any persons or Israeli citizenship.”
If you are asked any questions like this, stop the transaction for clarification:
- What are the nationalities of the members of you Board of Directors?
- Is you firm related to ABCXYZ company?
- Will you send us a list of your proposed supplies?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact OCEANAIR Compliance and ask for Harvey Waite or Paul D’Eon at (781) 286-2700.