Here is a reminder about some of the various tools and resources the National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA) offers to assist the global trade community. Please note, documents such as the U.S. Principal Party in Interest (USPPI) Responsibility Information Sheet and the Shipper’s Letter of Instruction (SLI) Model are available for your use through the NCBFAA website. While we provide a link to these two documents below, for future reference, OCEANAIR advises you to visit the NCBFAA’s site to review the most updated information.
USPPI Responsibility Information Sheet
- “OCEANAIR is the only freight forwarder that ever asks me to…” is something we hear quite often from our customers. OCEANAIR works with a broad range of export clients, and some of them may not understand their responsibilities regarding a variety of export regulations. In these circumstances, explaining the requirements to them becomes our responsibility.
- To assist us with educating some of our export customers, the NCBFAA created a standardized guide a few years ago called the USPPI Responsibility Information Sheet.
- This document includes a summary of the exporter responsibilities and several links to helpful government agency supplementary materials and resources.
- The resource also includes a checklist to direct an exporter through the process. Download the current version of the document below.
Shipper’s Letter of Instruction (SLI) Model
- Supporting the USPPI Responsibility Information Sheet is the SLI Modelwhich complies with regulatory reporting requirements.
- The document contains an explanation for each field as well as more comprehensive instructions.
- With the primary purpose to collect PGA data elements for reporting, the NCBFAA plans to provide addendums to the SLI Model to meet the Partnership Government Agency (PGA) reporting requirements. Please click the link below for more information, and look for future updates on the NCBFAA website.