OCEANAIR, Inc. – Revere, MA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times. PHARMACEUTICALS
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex export transactions for client(s), including booking, billing, and classification.
- Process data through the Company’s system and obtain consular releases and other government agency releases as appropriate.
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Process bills of lading for outgoing shipments and provide clear instructions to the team for handling each shipment.
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association, Code of Federal Regulations and/or International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code.
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation companies to use, and setting profit margins for individual shipments.
- Review and monitor all Shipper Export Declaration rejections, requests for information from client, and other correspondence.
- Communicate changes of U.S. and foreign shipping regulations and procedures to client.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner. Alert client to special areas of concern or potential problems in the export process.
- Constant follow up until shipment has reached its final destination
Job Skills and Specifications
- Very good verbal communication skills and past customer service experience are required. This position requires extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the air export, domestic, and break bulk processes
- Very good written communication skills.
- Past experience handling both air freight and/or break bulk.
- Ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- Very good analytical skills to recognize prevent and resolve problem situations. Ability to be a team player, establish priorities and meet goals. Ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to analyze complex details to resolve complex shipping issues for the client.
- The ability to use software for word processing, spreadsheets, etc., to generate more elaborate reports, charts and graphs as applicable.
High school or equivalent
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position
Job Type: Full-time
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org