JOIN THE OCEANAIR PHARMACEUTICALS TEAM
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times.
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex export transactions for client(s), including booking, billing, and classification.
- Process data through the Company’s system, and obtain consular releases and other government agency releases as appropriate.
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Process bills of lading for outgoing shipments and provide clear instructions to the team for handling each shipment.
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association, Code of Federal Regulations and/or International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code.
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation companies to use, and setting profit margins for individual shipments.
- Review and monitor all Shipper Export Declaration rejections, requests for information from client, and other correspondence.
- Communicate changes of U.S. and foreign shipping regulations and procedures to client.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner.
- Alert client to special areas of concern or potential problems in the export process.
- Constant follow up until shipment has reached its final destination
JOB SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Very good verbal communication skills and past customer service experience are required.
- This position requires extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the air export, domestic, and break bulk processes
- Very good written communication skills.
- Past experience handling both air freight and/or break bulk.
- Ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- Very good analytical skills to recognize prevent and resolve problem situations.
- Ability to be a team player, establish priorities and meet goals.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to analyze complex details to resolve complex shipping issues for the client.
- The ability to use software for word processing, spreadsheets, etc., to generate more elaborate reports, charts and graphs as applicable.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.