The IT Manager will help establish, plan and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology department, as well as, analyze the needs of the company and establish priorities for system design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company’s information processing systems.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure 24/7 operational capability of mission critical IT functions including ERP system, phones, telecommunications, servers and email. Manage the maintenance and operation of platforms and related resources accordingly. Including external vendors and partners; demonstrates a high level of ownership and initiative. (50%)
- Responsible for successful resolution of all server and client computing and application software problems; installing hardware and software, upgrades, patches and fixes; develops, maintains and disseminates knowledge of best solutions to recurring problems. (20%)
- Engage and collaborate with business leaders to identify key IT needs. Ensure high-quality end-user support for both local and remote employees as well as driving continuous improvement of IT processes. Define and manage appropriate IT related policies. (20%)
- Remains current with advances and alerts in the area of systems, security, and web development and makes recommendations for the integration of research findings. (10%)
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems or a related field.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 5-7 years of experience in a related role.
- Freight forwarding experience preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Remain calm in stressful situations.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems.