JOIN THE OCEANAIR PHARMACEUTICALS TEAM
- Responsible for the movement of goods from another country, ensuring the transit and delivery is made on time.
- This means liaising regularly with overseas offices, partners or agents and involves all modes of transportation
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is complete and acceptable for entry to Customs
- Obtain charges and cargo release details from freight forwarding agents, shipping lines and airlines.
- Responsible for ensuring any payments due are made in advance of any shipment as required; processing all payments and necessary paperwork for accounting purposes according to company requirements
- Responsible for ensuring maximum profitability on a shipment May be required to check goods in as they arrive against paperwork to ensure shipments are in good order and accounted for
- Able to manage deadlines and sometimes difficult situations, therefore an element of negotiation is required in order to meet commitments timely
- Check manifests, invoices and orders to ensure they are recorded accurately for incoming shipments
- Work closely with customers and vendors to ensure any problems, damages or anomalies are corrected
- May be required to arrange the release and transportation of goods received to importer or deliver to party
- Position may require a weekend schedule on a department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of the account
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Basic knowledge of the international transportation process with a solid knowledge of domestic and international geography
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with very demanding deadlines Proven analytical and problem solving skills and be profit conscious
- Strong PC skills – Must be very familiar with standard computer software programs e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to establish priorities, accomplish multiple tasks and be a self-starter
- Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.